Every year, this is one event that I look forward to the most. The Golden Globes brings together celebrities from Television, Film and Music for a fun-filled evening filled with many laughs, smiles and impeccable fashion. Here are my favorites from this years star-studded event.
2. Emma Stone in a custom Valentino gown
3. Liliana Vasquez in a lovely Hayley Paige gown
3. Jessica Biel in this modern couture number– a plunging black and white velvet print and 3d appliqué gown by Elie Saab
4. Chrissy Teigen and husband John Legend, Chrissy wearing a stunning Marchesa Gown.
5. Stranger Things star Millie Bobby Brown wearing a gorgeous sequin Jenny Packham gown
6. The lovely Natalie Portman wearing a beautiful Prada gown
7. Westworld star Rachel Evan Wood looking amazing in this custom made Alturzarra suit
8. Giuliana Rancic stunning floral number by Lebanese designer Rani Zakhem
9. Fellow Rhody Olivia Culpo wearing this absolutely stylish and exotic gown by Zuhair Murad
10. I’m definitely feeling this cape gown on Mandy Moore by Naeem Khan
11. Ruth Negga in a custom sequin Louis Vuitton Gown
12. I absolutely LOVED this Dolce and Gabbana gown on Kerry Washington
13. Viola Davis shines in this Michael Kors gown
14. Lily Colins in this beautiful gown by Zuhair Murad
All images are from eonline.com, popsugar, US Weekly, and USA Today.
What were your favorites from the Golden Globes this year? Please do share, comment below or write to me, I’d love to hear from you!
As always, thanks for reading, following along and supporting me in my journey! Stay fashionable and fabulous!
Follow my blog with Bloglovin
If you didn’t watch the Emmy’s last Sunday, you missed the most empowering and inspirational speech by Viola Davis. She was nominated for Best Actress in a Drama and she won. She’s the first African-American to win this award. Her speech though, was truly remarkable. She made us all cry, but she moved us with her words of truth, passion, and inspiration. Her words not only spoke to Women of Color, but I felt like it spoke towards all women alike. Everyone in that room and those watching at home, felt the power and inspiration by her words. This was the speech that was heard all around the world. Whether you felt included or not by her words, the meaning behind it speaks a lot of truths. Without “opportunity” we wouldn’t be where we are today. No matter where you are in life, it takes a lot of Courage, Determination, Motivation, and enough inspiration to make through anything in life. We all can be who we want to be andWE are the ones who choose our destiny, we just need that “opportunity” to make something of ourselves in life. This is something we all should to think about, reflect, and work towards.
Viola Davis’s Speech,
“In my mind, I see a line. And over that line, I see green fields and lovely flowers and beautiful white women with their arms stretched out to me, over that line. But I can’t seem to get there no how. I can’t seem to get over that line.’ That was Harriet Tubman in the 1800s. And let me tell you something: The only thing that separates women of color from anyone else is opportunity. You cannot win an Emmy for roles that are simply not there. So here’s to all the writers, the awesome people that are Ben Sherwood, Paul Lee, Peter Nowalk, Shonda Rhimes, people who have redefined what it means to be beautiful, to be sexy, to be a leading woman, to be black. And to the Taraji P. Hensons, the Kerry Washingtons, the Halle Berrys, the Nicole Beharies, the Meagan Goods, to Gabrielle Union: Thank you for taking us over that line. Thank you to the Television Academy. Thank you.” ( http://www.nytimes.com/live/emmys-2015/viola-daviss-emotional-emmys-acceptance-speech/)
Remember no matter what anyone ever says to you, remember this: You can do anything you set your mind to, don’t let anyone tell you otherwise. Because we create our futures, we create our destinys, and we shape our lives. With hard work, determination, motivation, and continuing to inspire ourselves and others you can do just about anything. Our opportunity is life, it is what we do with it, that will set us apart from others. And whatever you do with your life happened because YOU did it . Because of that opportunity, you stayed inspired, stay motivated, and always DREAM BIG!! Continue to chase your goals, dreams, and that opportunity, remember anything is possible. We are only given one life, so make the most out of it!
Love, Peace, and Happiness! 🙂
What keeps you motivate? What are your passions in life?
I’d love to hear your thoughts and what keepings you going in life, share with me!