Today, I’m shifting gears and sharing a little bit of beauty and female empowerment. I love learning about new products especially when the message is inspirational. I’ll also take any opportunity to celebrate, enlighten, and encourage my fellow ladies any chance I get. I mean let’s be honest, who runs the world? Women, and that isn’t changing anytime soon.
I’ve never been more excited to try on lipstick shades as I am now. The GIRL collection by Hourglass Cosmetics has a very inspiring and empowering message for girls and women. Featuring 20 shades with titles like: Innovator, Influencer, Activist and many more. This is a collection to wear not only for the Summer but always, with a great message behind the collection. There’s also a social media movement going on that urges women to recognize the good in one another as well as yourself. In this simple act of appreciation the brand hopes that this will open the flood gates of positivity. This collection could’t have launched at a better time. A stunning collection that provides a beautiful message with a boost of confidence and a constant reminder to show support and love to each other instead of hate. This is the exact initiative we need to remind ourselves and demonstrate the importance of not only being kind and supportive to one another but to let our voices, purposes, and passions guide us to make big changes. An added bonus, to never shy away from a good lip color. It’s comforting to know that forward movement is happening and the female voice has strengthened, making waves even in the beauty industry. It’s such a wonderful and refreshing concept. Now, we can be seen, heard, and described in a more positive colorful and uplifting light.
The #GIRLFORGOOD campaign encourages people to upload photos of themselves or their friends and tag them with one of the 20 shade names — you can choose from Believer, Creator, Explorer, Seeker, Peacemaker, Achiever, Influencer, Dreamer, Idealist, Futurist, Activist, Inventor, Lover, Innovator, Visionary, Icon, Leader, Liberator, Protector, and Warrior. (Refinery29)
To find your perfect shade and to learn more about the collection and the cause behind it go to: https://www.hourglasscosmetics.com/girlforgood .
Continue to shine ladies always!! I am a Influencer, Lover, Innovator, Warrior and Dreamer. What shade are you?
As always, thanks for reading, following along and supporting my journey!
NYFW is in full swing and I wanted to share my essentials for the week during my fun filled busy days. Some of told me I carry my life in my handbags because when they’ve carried my bags they can at times be quite heavy. I basically carry my life in there and at times it can feel like i’m lifting weights at the gym. What can I say, you can never be too prepared. NYFW can be very busy and fast paced. This is nothing new for this New Yorkers and many of us love and crave this lifestyle. We’re immune to the hustle and bustle of NYC. It wouldn’t be NYC or NYFW if it wasn’t fast-paced, grueling and crazy! All in good fun and fashion. Here’s my NYFW essentials list:
- Wallet: This one is the newest addition to my collection from none other then Celine. It spacious and holds just about anything. Shop the wallet here.
- EOS Lip balm: By far the best lip balm known to man. Keeps my lips moisturized and hydrated especially during this erratic winter weather we’ve been experiencing. Shop EOS Products here.
- Like a Boss Note Pad: My go-to note pad where I write down just about everything to keep me on track and organized. Love the pink and gold details and the saying on the front of the notepad, so very true! Shop the note pad here.
- iPhone: I wouldn’t be complete without my iPhone. It’s like my life line, and an essential piece during NYFW and in life! Where I do my post for Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat and Instastories. Follow along with me as I take on NYFW, #SFBTakesonNYFWFW17 . Shop iPhone here.
- Watch: This is one of my favorite watches, my husband bought this for me during our honeymoon in Italy. It’s by Giorgio Fedon and its not only chic, elegant and timeless all at the same time. I absolutely love the details on the orange Italian Leather strap, love the pop of color. It’s great for keeping me on time and on schedule for all my NYFW shows, presentations, events and of course work. Shop this watch here.
- Liquid Lipstick : Lipstick is great for when your on the go. The right amount of color just when you need it. And I love this one too, because it’s the perfect pop of color, and it dries matte but still keeps my lips super moisturized and hydrated. So I don’t have to reapply so much throughout the day. Shop Lorac Pro’s Liquid Lipstick here.
- Battery Pack: This is absolutely essential during NYFW, because having a dead phone is no fun. This is also great to have even for every day use too. Shop a similar battery pack here.
- Perfume: Some days can be longer than most, so for me I like to always smell fresh and with my fave scent. At the moment this has been my go to sent lately. Learn more about Si Intense by Giorgio Armani here. Purchase your own bottle here.
- Strobe Palette: Touch ups are key during NYFW especially when your on the go. This palette has been a lifesaver and my go to lately. It gives me the right amount of sheen and shimmer in all the right places. Plus, it keeps me looking fresh face and camera ready for street style photographers . Shop the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit Palette here.
- Make up Brush: Great for quick touch ups during the day. I’ve been loving this make up brush my Luxie Beauty. Shop the make up brush here.
- Sunglasses: Sunglasses are an ABSOLUTELY MUST for Fashion week. Some may call me a sunglass addict, I feel you can never have too many pairs. To me they really pull any outfit together. And if they’re big enough, they can hide way those “designer” under eye bags or if you don’t feel like wearing eye make up that particular day. These have been my fave lately by Quay Australia. Shop these sunnies here.
- Camera: Taking photos on your phone is great and all but you can’t beat photos taken from a camera. This is my newest camera and it’s done wonders for my photos. Shop the Sony Camera here.
- Powder Mirrored Compact: It’s small and compact and keep you looking fresh faced throughout the day. This one was a limited edition powder compact mirror from Guerlain. Shop similar compact here.
- Hand Lotion: The weather here in NYC has been erratic lately. During the winter months my skin can get so dry. So I like to keep my hands and skin moisturized and hydrated throughout the day. This has been my go to lately and the scent is amazing!! Shop the product here.
- Snacks: NYFW is very fast-paced, busy and most times you’ll be moving from event to event with little to no time to eat. At times I’ve failed and missed meals due to my crazy busy schedule. So packing snacks are good and essential for my on the go schedule. Nuts and granola bars are great to have on hand not just for NYFW but for any long busy work day.
- Show Passes: Often times when attending NYFW shows you are issued a press pass which can give you access to backstage, front row or even VIP access to the events. This was one of my badges given to me for Style Fashion Week which was issued to me because I was Press/Media. It gave me access to the stage and backstage.
So there you have it, my NYFW essentials. Hope you found this helpful for you.
What do you carry in your handbag?
Please do share using the hashtag: #SFBTakeonNYFWFW17 #SFBHandbagChronicles
As always, thanks for reading, following along and supporting me in my journey!