“ When women support each other, incredible things happen.”
“Hustle hard and Stay humble.”
The quotes above are true statements, that I believe in and what I’ve applied in my life and business. They are also reasons behind why I joined the Chloe + Isabel community. Today, I’m sharing with you all about Chloe+ Isabel, the company, what they’re all about and why I joined C+I.
Chloe + Isabel is a jewelry +lifestyle brand+ pioneer of social retail, dedicated to empowering the next generation of women entrepreneurs.
Chantel Waterbury, CEO+Founder, conceived Chloe + Isabel as a place where smart, creative and confident women could play a significant role in creating an innovative new business model where they were at the center. Chloe + Isabel is both a brand and opportunity that combines elements of direct sales, retail and eCommerce with the sole purpose of providing a more meaningful experience to the modern woman. My mission was, and remains to this day, to empower the next generation of entrepreneurs through social retail.
Chloe + Isabel is the opportunity I wish I had when I was a young, ambitious woman with the goal of one day being my own boss. Today, I see in our Merchandisers that same drive I had when I first stepped out on my own, moving away from home at the age of 13 to pursue my education. I began working and saving up for school, and ultimately turned to a direct selling opportunity which paid my way through college. While it allowed me to make the money I needed, and gave me confidence in running my own business, I would have loved to have built my resume with an even wider set of skills, as well as been connected to a community of like-minded women.
It had taken me years to climb the corporate ladder and gain the skills I needed to run my own fashion business. Here was a chance to share my knowledge with today’s women so they wouldn’t have to wait, or potentially never get the exposure they needed. I wanted to help them reach their goals, whether they were financial or skill-based. We can be her stepping-stone or her destination. Chloe + Isabel was created to be a brand people would love, and more importantly, an opportunity our Merchandiser could believe in.
C+I’s mission: ” Our mission is to help tackle the financial needs of the modern woman- to provide the training and tools to accomplish her goals, whatever they may be.”
My reasons for joining the Chloe+ Isabel Community:
My initial reasons for becoming part of Chloe + Isabel was because I had a strong passion and love for Fashion and jewelry. And after I saw the jewelry, I immediately fell in love. Soon after, I learned it was much more. It was a community that supported, empowered, inspired and motivated Something that I try and strive to do on a daily. We all have the same purpose in life, and I’m all about supporting that purpose and helping others reach their goals and be successful. The Chloe+Isabel model is something that I feel everyone can learn from. Life is all about learning and growing, it’s a daily process. Having never owned a business, let alone a jewelry business, i’ve taken what I’ve learned at C+I and have created something that’s truly empowering and inspiring. Without this opportunity that C+I provided me, I wouldn’t be where I am today. It goes far beyond the jewelry, it’s an opportunity for women to take their creative spirit and turn it into an opportunity towards success. I’ve met so many amazing women, LadyBosses that have been quite influential and inspiration in my life. I feel i’ve grown a lot both personally and professionally over the years. I am the woman I am today because of what I’ve learned with C+I. My confidence has grown tremendously, and I’ve learned to take more creative risk to grow my business. My experience at Chloe+Isabel has enriched my abilities to network and communicate while also providing valuable social media skills. I’ve learned so much in just 2 years and I continue to daily. I’m turning my dreams into a reality because of Chloe +Isabel. Chloe+Isabel has helped me take my career to a whole new level. I’m truly thankful and grateful for the experience and opportunity. Just as C+I has opened my eyes, by empowering and inspiring me, I hope I can do the same for you.
To learn more about Chloe+Isabel and to become part of the community go to: www.chloeandisabel.com. To shop and fall in love with our jewelry head on over to my boutique: www.chloeandisabel.com/boutique/emilydesouza.
What inspires you?
As always, thanks for reading, following along and supporting me.
“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
– Winston Churchill
“When you take risk you learn that there will be times when you succeed and there will be times when you fail, and both are equally important. It’s failure that gives you the proper perspective on success.” – Ellen DeGeneres
“Tis a lesson you should heed:
Try, try, try again.
If at first you don’t succeed,
Try, Try, Try again.”
Proverb- William Edward Hickson
HAPPY MONDAY LOVES!!
” Success is most often achieved by those who don’t know what failure is inevitable.”
– Coco Chanel
I hope you’ll had a wonderful weekend, I had a great weekend. Catching up on some work, enjoying time with the hubs and catching up and enjoying good food and drinks with the bestie. Overall, it was a great weekend.
Recently, I’ve been asked by many co-workers, friends and family about how I constantly stay motivated in my work, career and life. So I thought I’d write and post about it for my “Motivational Monday’s” blog post.
Just like most of us, I’d like to think we all make goals for ourselves, and have dreams and aspirations. I try and make my goals realistic and attainable, whether it’s a weekly goal, or even life-long goals. Because I’ve made goals in the past that weren’t as easy at they seemed when I thought about it at first, and I didn’t stick to them. But I never want to discourage myself or others in the same respects too. Just speaking from experience and being human. But I believe it’s important to dream and to set goals for ourselves. For myself, it helps me stay on track and keeps me in check.
Lately, many may think I run myself too thin and I may have too much on my plate. I’ve recently joined and began collaborating and partnering up with other companies and brands. And yes it may sound a lot, in addition to my two business, job and other stuff, but I can truly say that I fully enjoy what I do and I have a passion for it. So, enjoying what I do, along with having a passion for it, keeps me focused, motivated and striving for more, for my businesses, side projects and partnerships.
One of my girlfriends said,” Are you ever gonna give yourself a break?” Breaks are great and needed for sure. They are so we can stay on track and stay sane. And with balance, taking vacations when I can and taking breaks I’m still moving and grooving through life!! 🙂
I said, “I’m enjoying the ride and I’m still young.” So, my thought process is- I want to work hard now, so that later on, in a few years maybe , I could retire or not work as much and continue to live and enjoy life even more than I do now. Because I’ll know that all my hard work has paid off.
Ultimately, I said to her that I know in due time my hard work will all pay off. All those sleepless nights, long days/hours will all be worth it in the long run. My girlfriend replied, I appreciate her comment, kind words and sentiments. I’ve also taken notice over the years, how dedicated and hard-working my parents are, and how far they’ve come to get where they are now. Ultimately, I said to her that I know in due time my hard work will all pay off. All those sleepless nights, long days/hours will all be worth it in the long run. My girlfriend replied, ” That’s amazing and inspiring. Spoken like a true woman with much determination and ambition.” I appreciate her comment, kind words and sentiments.
Another things that has always kept me motivated is seeing how hard my parents have worked to get where they are today. My parents taught us to work hard at everything we do. There will be difficult times and times where sacrifices need to be made, but in the end it will all be worth it. I’ve always taken what my Dad has said to me and my siblings, all his talks and advice have stayed with me in all my 30 years. And I continue to believe in his words and work hard on the daily, and keep my eyes on the prize. Because I know in the end all of it will be worth it and it will all pay off in the long run. It also helps to have a husband whose as hard-working as I am if not more. With his love, support, advice and his work ethic, my husband continues to be my number one supporter, since the very beginning. So, it makes it that much easier for me to stay focused and motivated. I’m truly blessed, lucky and grateful to have a man like him by my side for life. He is truly an inspiration to me and a driving force in my life that keeps me grounded , and a positive force in my life. It makes a world of a difference when you have a huge support system and positive like-minded individuals like my Dad, Husband and brothers in my life. My cheering squad for LIFE!
” Failure is so important. We speak about success all the time. It is the ability to resist failure or use failure that often leads to greater success. I’ve met people who don’t want to try for fear of failing.”- J.K. Rowling
Here’s my list of things that have helped keeps me motivated in all aspects of life:
1. Set goals– Start off small and simple. Then as you progress and are moving forward, work your way to bigger ones
Make it fun. .. It’s important to always be passionate in all things that you do. I’m a firm believer in being passionate about what you do in life. It will reflect in your work, and your overall appearance and outlook on your work life/life. You’ll feel more confident about your work, and your overall performance.
Stay active3. — A healthy body goes a long way. Health is wealth, you only have one body so treat it RIGHT! Stay fit and be active, and you’ll be feeling great, rejuvenated, and have so much ENERGY! Which will fuel you and help you get through those long days.
4. Create a Dream Board or Vision Board– I’m a VERY visual person, so I like to make list and see my goals and aspirations all laid out on paper for me. I find it inspiring and it helps me see why i’m working so hard. And I can see my dreams and goals in front of me. It’s a great constant reminder and a useful visual tool.
5. Strategy– Having a Business and PR mindset, I like to always be strategic in all the things I approach. It helps me stay organized and keeps me thinking. Always thinking outside the box. Keep the ideas flowing– get the creative juices flowing.
6. Ask for Help when needed — I always thought before I was superwoman and I could tackle anything and everything all at once. I learned the hard way that isn’t necessarily the case. Asking help doesn’t mean you’ve failed or that you failed in reaching your goals. It just says your human. Sometimes we need help along the way. It’s perfectly ok to ask for it when needed. So don’t be afraid to say you need help. Two minds are sometimes better than one.
Try not to Stress7. — Stress happens, its natural, we are human. And no matter how hard we may fight it, it inevitably and can get to the best of us. But it’s always good to step away from whatever you’re doing and take a break. Come back refreshed, with an open-mind, and clear head. It’s always good to take a break, take vacations. To get clarity and relax. Work will always be there, regardless, but you need to take care of yourself too. So, take breaks, take vacations, trust me you won’t feel burnt out, and overworked as much when you do.
8. Check in with yourself– Check in with yourself once in awhile. Refer back to your list of goals, dreams, and see where you’re at, at that point in time. See your progress, or lack of it and see where you need to be, or should be. See and evaluate what needs to be done to make it to where you want to be. Start to gain perspective of things and see how far you’ve come and where you’re going. It’s always good to re-assess, regroup, and either look deeper if need be. Or try to look further to see the bigger picture.
9. Stay positive, Surround yourself around Positive people– Staying positive is always good. I like to surround myself around positive minded individuals. Be optimistic, always look for the good rather than thinking the worse. When I surround myself around positive and like-minded people I feel amazing and they do too. So, why not feel great ALL THE TIME! Leave the drama and negativity for all the negative Nancys and naysayers. Don’t waste your time on situations or individuals who continue to bring you down or who are always negative and don’t lift you up. NO TIME FOR NEGATIVITY.
10. Balance– Try to lead a well balanced life. Leading a well balanced life is a work in process for all of us. Sometimes it’s hard to find balance, I struggle with this still. But I’m slowly but surely learning and getting there. But i’ve found when I do find balance, I”m so much happier and better because of it. I’m more focused, energized, and all the good vibes are flowing. I’m find myself even more determined than I was before. I know it’s hard, we all fall victim to this, but when we learn to try and work at, it truly helps in the long run.
11. Make your work space visually stimulating– If you’re able to, make your work space some thing you would want to look at on the daily. This will help and make you want to work in that space . It’s like training your mind to think that your work is like your “happy place” when you creative that kind of space. Whether your working with desk space or an office room, whatever it is, make it a space you feel comfortable in, something that’s inviting, and a place you feel you can create and do great things!
12.As the proverb goes, “At first you don’t succeed, Try, try, try again” –. Everything takes time, effort, hard work and dedication. Nothing ever happens overnight or poof just like that. So if ever you feel defeated or that you’ve failed, stop, breath, stay calm, and take a step back. And remember, there’s always tomorrow, it’s a new day and try again. Sometimes stepping away from a project and leaving it to the next day is best to attack with fresh eyes and a clear mind. We are all human, we all have our moments. As much as we would like to believe we can do it all and get it all done. Sometimes we just need to stop, reassess and try again. It’s ok to admit our failures and downfalls, it’s part of life, we weren’t created to be perfect, no one is perfect! Just remember, with hard work, determination, staying focused, know that all the tears and sweat will pay off in the end. So keep pushing, keep trying and moving forward! You can do it, it may take time, but it will get done.
What are things that help you stay motivated?
Try any or all of these things and let me know what works for you
Comment below and write to me, I LOVE hearing from you!